Search Amway Leaders

Sunday, August 29, 2021

Why Amway Sucks?

 Amway, in my opinion, is a terrible company. Due to my previous experience as an independent business owner, I can speak from firsthand knowledge. I was regarded as a rising star in the IBO's leadership ranks. I got in and started working right away, sponsoring a large number of individuals and moving up the ranks from 0 PV to 4000 PV. When I was at the festivities, I was "changing pins" and even had a notice from the upline diamond, who was pleased that I was able to attend some "special" meetings and board plans with him. That was all very nice and appeared to be thrilling because spending time with the diamond was something that many people wished they could do but only a few had the opportunity to do. The fact that my company was expanding was due in great part to my enthusiasm. My group was expanding, and I anticipated that I would "go direct" in the not-to-distant future.

But I've now realised that Amway is a rip-off. So, what exactly does that mean? Well, I'd always had some reservations about the festivities, and even while the diamonds claimed that they were losing money on the equipment and functions, I believed that money had to be made at these large gatherings, where more than 10,000 people were expected to be there. When I started asking questions, my upline stated that no one was making any money. Profits were reinvested in the support of independent business owners (IBOs). I used to be perplexed as to what that meant because they constantly seemed to be putting a lot of pressure on us to use the tools.

Beyond my suspicions about the tools fraud, I noted that, despite the fact that I was moving greater volume, I was still making no net profits and, in fact, incurring losses when the main functions came around as a result of the tools and the functions expenses. This confirmed my suspicions. Because I live in Hawaii, certain functions necessitated travel by flight and the payment of expenses such as hotels, rental vehicles, and other such expenses. I began calculating in my thoughts and came to the conclusion that even achieving platinum would not result in a profit for me. I was relieved. Then I started to think about how I could get involved in the Amway organisation.

I began to look at things objectively and was able to acknowledge that the products were far too expensive and that they were not as "unique" as we had attempted to portray them. The tools appeared to be a scam, but I didn't discover the full extent of the scam until after I had left the company. Even as a rising IBO, despite the assurances of my upline that there would be money, there was none to be found in the company. My upline also insisted on being advised on matters like as the purchase of a car, the dating of someone, and the purchase of a property. I assume this is because they don't want you to spend your money on things like a vehicle or a girlfriend when you might be purchasing more CDs or event tickets instead. The final straw came when my sponsor advised me to break up with my fiancée because I would be able to grow the business more quickly as a single person (that girlfriend and I celebrated our 20th anniverssary recently).

When my sponsor informed me of this, I immediately rose to my feet and convened a meeting with my group. I recounted everything that had happened to me, including all of my suspicions, and stated that I had made the decision to resign. As a result, my sponsor has lost a 4000 PV leg as a result of this. Because all but two of my downline left with me, my sponsor did not qualify for platinum status, and I do not believe he ever regained his platinum status after that. Amway, in general, is a dud, in my opinion. The things are mediocre, yet they are sold at a high price, and there is no money for the common man. The only people who make money are those who talk on stage and receive a portion of the proceeds from the tools and functions. The remainder are merely "slaves" who are assisting in the construction of the pyramid.

In a recent and potentially groundbreaking decision, the Federal Trade Commission slammed Herbalife to the ground. While Herbalife did not go through with the plan to close the firm as a pyramid, the company has a slew of limitations in place to prevent pyramid schemes from taking root. They will be monitored against income claims at their functions, and they must prove that they have actualy non affilaited customers. It will be interesting to watch if Herbalife is able to withstand these new regulations, as well as whether Amway will be subjected to them in the future. Keep an eye out for more....

Share This
Previous Post
Next Post

Pellentesque vitae lectus in mauris sollicitudin ornare sit amet eget ligula. Donec pharetra, arcu eu consectetur semper, est nulla sodales risus, vel efficitur orci justo quis tellus. Phasellus sit amet est pharetra

0 comments:

Most Popular