Search Amway Leaders

Wednesday, September 15, 2021

Stick it!

 We were instructed to decorate the refrigerator with photographs of new vehicles, dream homes, and other material items. We did so.

First and foremost, I despise having things stuck on my refrigerator. Over the years, I've thrown away more than my fair share of garish refrigerator magnets.

Second, even if I did have photos of my family plastered all over my refrigerator, they would be photos of my family, not photos of things I lust after.

Placing images of sailboats, Ferraris, and the Hearst Castle on the fridge just reeks of avarice. Do these photos actually assist IBOs in achieving their goals, or do they merely serve as a sombre reminder that their bank accounts are shrinking as they grasp for the dreams that their upline has brainwashed them into believing they will one day possess?

Every year, I used to get a day planner. The front of the planner has a section where you may write down your goals and a target date. I'd have to bring them over from the previous year's work occasionally. After that, I was required to schedule time in my calendar on a daily or weekly basis to devote to achieving these objectives. I recall hearing somewhere in the past that people who write down their goals have a higher success rate of achieving them than those who do not write them down, which is why I decided to write down my goals. Eventually, as the year came to a close and I was switching off planners, I would notice that either I had achieved my goals or was on the way to achieving them.

The majority of my goals were focused on improving myself professionally or personally, but one year I had a goal that was more tangible: I wanted a red car, which I was able to achieve. Because it didn't happen that year, I carried that goal over into the following year, when I finally purchased the car. Because I used a different colour - black - I didn't exactly achieve my goal. As soon as I walked into the dealership, I decided against the colour I had chosen. But I didn't have a picture of that car pinned on my refrigerator door.

So, why does your upline want you to act like Gretchen and put photographs of items you want on your refrigerator but you don't actually have yet?

The reason for this was so that we would remember why we were spending all of our money on cassettes (oops, better say CDs before IBOFB turns in and says tapes haven't been sold in years! ), functions, seminars, costly items, and so on. Perhaps this was another another reason why I was unable to post any photographs on my refrigerator. These were unachievable goals that could not be realised since we were squandering our money on the Amway pyramid scheme.

Share This
Previous Post
Next Post

Pellentesque vitae lectus in mauris sollicitudin ornare sit amet eget ligula. Donec pharetra, arcu eu consectetur semper, est nulla sodales risus, vel efficitur orci justo quis tellus. Phasellus sit amet est pharetra

0 comments:

Most Popular