Search Amway Leaders

Saturday, August 7, 2021

Merris, John & Cathy Amway

 Making it to Diamond signified a big milestone for the Merrises - their reward for years of relentless work by John and Cathy, and a bright future for their children: Julie, Natalie, Jessica, John, Nicole, and Joseph.Yet, they had had such serious financial issues, that Cathy despaired of ever finding a way out. "To make extra money, I climbed out of bed at two o'clock every morning to deliver newspapers," she recounts. "The gravity of our position finally hit me when my car was repossessed."

Always a diligent worker, John sold vacuum cleaners while in college. After college, he stayed in Texas and continued as an independent distributor for the company, until, disillusioned by the high turnover, he decided to try corporate life. He traveled to North Carolina, and became a branch manager for a huge computer company.

"There, I had a wonderful income," he adds, "but I didn't feel fulfilled. I said to myself, 'Go to work, come home, go to work, come home... is this all there is to life?'" In 1983, John moved his growing family back to Texas, and accepted a position as regional manager for a smaller computer company. A few months later, the company dissolved.

While in North Carolina, John and Cathy had launched their business, but they hadn't given much attention to it. Now, with John out of work, they made a total commitment. With aid from his upline, John learned to teach and nourish the people he registered - watering, fertilizing, and growing the seeds he planted in their hearts, frequently over a protracted incubation period. Five years later, the Merrises reaped the crop. In one year, they earned both Emerald and Diamond qualification!

Now, John and Cathy are enjoying the lifestyle they always desired. "For me, the top priority is being a decent wife and mother," adds Cathy. "I adore travelling with John, and I love attending my kids' dancing performances, piano recitals, soccer games, swim meets, and other events." Cathy has been PTA president and actively supports local candidates and election issues.

Reflecting on their accomplishment, John attributes much to their determination to defer gratification. "We focused on our dream and postponed some of the things we enjoy," he explains. "For example, I love to golf, but I put it off to create the business. Now, I have more money and time than ever before, and I play on courses all over the world."

Merris, John & Cathy


Share This
Previous Post
Next Post

Pellentesque vitae lectus in mauris sollicitudin ornare sit amet eget ligula. Donec pharetra, arcu eu consectetur semper, est nulla sodales risus, vel efficitur orci justo quis tellus. Phasellus sit amet est pharetra

0 comments:

Most Popular