Search Amway Leaders

Thursday, August 26, 2021

Amway Tactics?

 I'll admit that I haven't been approached by any Amway salesmen in recent months. I'm confident they still exist, and I'm confident that some of the recruiting strategies employed back in the day are still in use today. At the time of my first encounter with Amway, I was flat-out misinformed about attending a "beer bust." I arrived at my friend's place expecting to enjoy some beer and chips, but instead I was dragged into a dreadful Amway meeting. I remember sitting in the meeting still irritated about it, and to make matters worse, the presenter talked about association and how we would be left behind if we didn't join because our friend in Amway would have to associate with Away people, who were destined to become wealthy. I remember thinking to myself, "I'm not going to do this." Because there was no beer available, our group left and went to a nearby pub to get some. That was my first encounter with the Amway organisation.

My second encounter with Amway occurred when a high school classmate noticed me working at my second job at a local market and inquired as to whether I would be interested in earning additional money through the company. I informed him that I was doing exactly that through a second job. I inquired as to whether he was pitching Amway, and he confirmed that he was. I inquired as to whether he had made any money from it, and he replied that he had not. A few months later, I asked him to come back and meet me to check if he was still involved and making money, and he did. I haven't seen him since then, and I doubt I ever will.

It wasn't until an old acquaintance of mine joined Amway and prospected me that I eventually succumbed to the system. So I inquired as to whether he had earned any money, and he replied that he had not. I also told him to come back later and show me how much money he has made so far. He returned six months later and stated that he was now a direct distributor, earning between $1500 and $2000 a month in commissions. He assured me that it was simple and that he would demonstrate how to accomplish it. Because I am a man of my word, I looked over the proposal and agreed to participate. Still a little apprehensive, I went in and the rest, as they say, was history. (My storey can be found on this blog.)

However, what I witnessed were dishonest Amway business practises. We were instructed to tell prospective half-truths (lie) in order to gain their trust. We were instructed to "fake it till we make it" (lie), and our upline employed a variety of strategies to make Amway appear greater than it actually was. Older but failed Amway Independent Business Owners (IBOs) were informed that Amway was about more than just money. That we were forming lifelong friendships and becoming into nicer and better individuals. That we were a small army working to make the world a better place was an understatement. (How can deceiving people in order to make your upline wealthy make the world a better place?) Despite the fact that our upline Diamond divorced, we were assured that Amway helps to save and enhance marriages (Wolgamott).

Despite all of the methods and tricks employed by our Amway upline, we had little to no success in our endeavours to date. Even Diamond (Harimoto), our old upline, has relocated to the mainland (Hawaii is too pricey, right? Not enough people to recruit?) and that was difficult to believe, given his passion for the ocean and ocean-related activities he enjoyed.

Amway sales and income have decreased by approximately 25% since 2014, and I can only expect that the situation will deteriorate more as the antics and tactics employed by upline have become well recognised and unsuccessful at this time. Prospects may easily obtain essential information and receive sufficient disclosure to make an informed decision about Amway thanks to the internet, which has also made access to information so readily available to them. And it is for this reason why Joecool's blog continues to exist today.

Amway is a firm that engages in direct selling and uses a wide variety of strategies to advertise and sell the products it offers. While some of these strategies are utilized by other companies in the direct selling sector, some are unique to the Amway business model.


The "warm market" approach is one of the most important strategies that Amway employs in its business. This is making contact with people one knows, such as friends, family, and acquaintances, in order to provide them with information regarding Amway products and the business opportunity. Amway distributors are frequently encouraged to compile a list of everyone they are in contact with and reach out to them in order to explain the business opportunity as well as the items that Amway offers.


In addition, Amway promotes both its products and the business opportunity it offers through the use of a wide array of marketing materials and tools. Publications like as brochures, catalogs, and websites, in addition to social media and other online platforms, can fall into this category. Distributors for Amway are frequently given these materials as part of their training and support, and they are encouraged to use them in order to promote the company.


In addition to these strategies, Amway places a strong emphasis on the significance of cultivating personal relationships throughout the sales process. Distributors are strongly encouraged to develop personal relationships with their clients and to offer individualized assistance and service to those customers. This can include following up with customers after a sale, providing product recommendations based on the client's needs and preferences, and offering continuous support and assistance to the consumer.


Amway's commission structure, which compensates distributors for creating downlines of other distributors who also sell Amway items, is another important strategy that the company employs. This helps existing distributors establish their own customer base and downlines, which in turn motivates them to bring on more people to work for them in the business.


Some of Amway's detractors believe that some of these strategies can be excessively aggressive and could turn off prospective customers as well as distributors. They also raise concerns over the possibility for pyramid schemes, in which the primary focus is not on the sale of products but rather on the recruitment of new members.


Proponents of Amway, on the other hand, contend that the company's strategies are successful and have assisted a large number of individuals in establishing profitable enterprises and achieving financial independence. They point out that the commission system at Amway recognizes and rewards hard work and salesmanship, and that the firm offers a variety of training and support programs to assist distributors in achieving their goals of becoming successful business owners.


Amway's strategies, when taken as a whole, are reflective of the company's emphasis on direct selling and personal relationships, in addition to its emphasis on creating a downline of distributors. Although these strategies have been effective for a good number of distributors, it does not mean that everyone should use them. Before getting engaged with Amway, individuals should carefully assess their personal preferences and objectives in order to maximize their chances of success.


Share This
Previous Post
Next Post

Pellentesque vitae lectus in mauris sollicitudin ornare sit amet eget ligula. Donec pharetra, arcu eu consectetur semper, est nulla sodales risus, vel efficitur orci justo quis tellus. Phasellus sit amet est pharetra

0 comments:

Most Popular