Search Amway Leaders

Tuesday, September 14, 2021

Seeing Shitty Amway Products Everywhere?

 There was a deal advertised at a spa that I'd never heard of before, and I think it's a nice opportunity to try out a new facility without spending too much money. If the treatment does not meet your expectations, you will not have spent too much money and will be able to return to your normal spa treatment.

The new spa provides the normal types of beauty services and is run by a single female proprietor who is a one-woman show. There are no other employees on the payroll. Very lovely and well-kept spa. She's a lovely person. There have been no complaints against the shop or the owner so far.

Yes, he is a legitimate business owner. I'm not talking about some bogus ass Amway "independent business entrepreneur" here!

I'm sitting in the chair for my pedicure and contemplating which colour of nail polish to use. I'm not familiar with any of the nail polish brands. To be honest, I don't give a damn about anyone's name. The colour is more important than the person who created it. I chose a fun colour and wait for her to finish setting up her belongings and taking a look around the space. On the other side of the room are bookcases containing a variety of lotions and cosmetics. There's nothing exceptional about that. Products identical to these can be found at any hair salon or spa.

And then I realise what I've done. On the top shelf, of course. There are two boxes with stripes. They have a suspicious resemblance to the puke yellow and green stripes on the packaging of a box of horrible shitty Amway snack bars. It even appears that the printing that runs horizontally between the stripes is in the same location as the Nutrilite spelling on the Amway shit bars. Unfortunately, I'm too far away to read anything, but I'm now really suspicious and spend the entire pedi treatment staring at those two boxes in the corner. It appears to me that the boxes on the shelves are larger in size than the boxes that the Amway shit bars are packaged in. It also appears to have a few of lemons on one of the boxes. Amway snack bars are already sour enough without the addition of a sour lemon flavouring. I determine that it is most likely a citrus-scented lotion that comes in a box with a similar stripe pattern.

I keep my gaze wandering across the room. It is close enough to where I am seated that I can read the labels on the bottles of lotions from the facial. They are unquestionably not works of art. Nothing more than the typical beauty salon creams. It's impossible to keep my gaze from returning to those two boxes perched on the top of those shelves again and again.

The pedicure is finished, and I head over to the manicure station to begin. The bookshelves and those boxes are now within reach, which allows me to read them. There's no doubt about that. Those are Nutrilite meal bar packaging, for crying out loud!

The entire time I'm having my manicure, all I can think of is oh fuck oh fuck oh fuck oh fuck I better hope I don't get an Amway pitch! And if I am prospected, I need to be prepared with a response in hand. Undeterred, even if I don't get an Amway pitch from her, I will leave her a large gratuity for not harassing me.

I take a few snoopy peeks around the spa. There are no Amway items or Amway promotion that I can see. The proprietor is a lovely lady who is neither too chatty nor too silent. I'm not going to let someone use FORM on me. I'm curious whether her husband has been engaged in the Amway fraud and she is too ashamed to approach others, but she wants to show her support for him, so she places those two boxes of Nutrilite bars on the top shelf and hopes that no one notices them and asks her any questions. Alternatively, she may know someone else who works with Amway, and this is her way of getting them to shut up by placing a few of boxes in an inconspicuous location and hope no one notices.

If she were a genuine Amway commissioned salesperson, her upline would be berating her for not using only Amway Artistry cosmetics, lotions, and nail polish in her spa, and Amway trash would be strewn around the place, in my opinion. Any woman, regardless of whether or not she owns a beauty salon, knows that when she looks through the Amway catalogue and sees those fucking absurdly overpriced things, she can find comparable products for a quarter of the amount that Amway is charging. When you're in business, you have to keep an eye on the bottom line. Except if you're in the Amway industry, where you're required to spend hundreds of dollars a month on shoddy, expensive merchandise. She had a plethora of nail polish in a variety of different colours. Amway does not, under any circumstances, provide that kind of colour choices. It is likely that she can purchase ten nail paints for the same price that Amway costs for one.

I received the finest facial I'd ever had, and I'll definitely be returning there in the future. One can only hope that after one has become a repeat customer, the Amway pitch will not be broadcast!

Share This
Previous Post
Next Post

Pellentesque vitae lectus in mauris sollicitudin ornare sit amet eget ligula. Donec pharetra, arcu eu consectetur semper, est nulla sodales risus, vel efficitur orci justo quis tellus. Phasellus sit amet est pharetra

0 comments:

Most Popular