Search Amway Leaders

Tuesday, September 14, 2021

No TV watching allowed!

 One of our Emerald distributors utilised a whiteboard and divided the room into four quadrants based on how much television our IBOs were permitted to watch. All new IBOs - or, rather, IBOs with pin levels below 2500 - were housed in the square, where watching television was not permitted.

I don't watch a lot of television, but I do enjoy a couple of reality series. If I'm at home, I'll watch the 6 p.m. news, and if I'm not, I'll watch the 11 p.m. news practically every night.

I usually watch 10 to 15 hours of television every week, so I'm not a big television watcher. Isn't it funny how numbers can be ironic? I'm confident that any IBO would tell me that I could take those same 10 to 15 hours per week that I spend watching television and turn them into earnings of $100,000 or more per year.

Yeah, I've been down that route a couple of times before as well.

Nothing any of my upline members said to me was going to make my TV watching habits change. When I was watching Survivor, Ambot would occasionally wander into the room and sneer at me, saying something to the effect of "How is watching that show going to bring me money?" It's a good moment to point out that Ambot watches significantly more television than I do. He enjoys seeing what he refers to as "adult animation." I call them by their names when I see them. Cartoons. What part of watching Southpark or The Simpsons is bringing in money for his Amway business is unclear.

For the life of me, I can't seem to get back to that sector. I'm not sure what pin levels the Emerald used in each quadrant, to be honest. I was simply shown one example of his expert mathematical equation. As an Emerald, he was permitted to spend the most of his free time watching television, regardless of where he was. Perhaps the most important question was never answered: how much free time he has in a week.

The wider picture is that the real reason the upline does not want IBOs to watch television is that they want to be able to control the information sources that their downline IBOs are exposed to. Any news or current affairs information, as well as stock market guidance, that IBOs get should come directly from their sponsor.

It's entirely up to you, upline bastards, to say whatever you want about watching television. I watch less television than the majority of you, and I have no plans to change that. In any case, when I'm at home watching TV, I'm not wasting money by spending $10 to attend an Amway meeting to hear the latest blatantly false information.

Share This
Previous Post
Next Post

Pellentesque vitae lectus in mauris sollicitudin ornare sit amet eget ligula. Donec pharetra, arcu eu consectetur semper, est nulla sodales risus, vel efficitur orci justo quis tellus. Phasellus sit amet est pharetra

0 comments:

Most Popular