Search Amway Leaders

Friday, August 27, 2021

How Much Money Can An Amway IBO Lose?

 When I was recruited into Amway, I was informed that I would be able to make money that would continue to accrue indefinitely. The term "residual income" refers to money that continues to accrue over time. At the time of my recruitment, that was the concept that appealed to me. The fact that I could choose how much or how little work I wanted to perform piqued my interest, as well. I ended up becoming a member of Amway probably around 1997 or 1998.

However, when I signed up, my sponsor informed me that I would be wasting my time if I signed up to sell products instead of doing other things (not verbatim). That if I was going to get involved and put in the effort, I might as well try to start a business and make some serious money in the process. I gave my consent, and he quickly informed me that I needed to be placed on a standing order. I was told that a standing order constituted a subscription to tapes, and that each tape cost only $6. Nobody ever noted that every other week, there was a two-tape package, which meant that you were purchasing at least 6 tapes (now CDs) per month at the very least.

Several weeks later, I had recruited a couple of my friends to join the company, and my sponsor has informed me that I cannot be a leader until I attend all of the functions and that I cannot repeat the same cassettes (cds) over and over. That's when my costs skyrocketed out of control. Of course, I was pleased about the people I had sponsored, so I went along with the plan, and I was edified as a result, making it appear as though I was "becoming an emerging leader" and was held up as an example of how to create an Amway business, which was flattering.

Amway's defenders dispute how I could spend an average of roughly $1000 in tools in a single month, according to them. Although my WWDB group experience may not be applicable to everyone, I continue to hear similar accounts of abuse on a regular basis, as shown in the following breakdown.

$36 per month on a recurring basis. (6 tapes a month at a cost of $6 each)

Every week, 5-7 additional tapes are made. Monthly rent ranges between $$120 and $168.

Amvox (voicemail) is available for $24 per month.

Open Meetings are available for $6 a month (plus parking fees)

Regional roles and responsibilities $24 a month for a year (plus parking fees)Total cost per month: $258 (not including parking fees)

The most important functions (4 times a year) I live in Hawaii, and significant functions necessitated travel to the mainland at peak traffic hours (January, March, July, October).

Approximately $700 for round-trip airfare.

$240 for a hotel room (for 2-3 days)

Rental automobile (about $150-$50 each day for 2-3 days)

Tickets for the event range from $100 to $150.

Meals and other incidentals drove the cost of a large function to more than $1200 every trip for a few days.

These expenses, which do not include gas money, amount to approximately $8000 each year. When you factor in the cost of the items, you're looking at almost $1000 each month for Amway. The products are not a business expense, but consider how many of those overpriced products you would purchase if you were not an independent business owner. Do any former IBOs continue to purchase double x? Do Independent Business Owners (IBOs) genuinely sell any double x? These customers, I feel, are an uncommon breed.

Would you still join Amway if your sponsor told you that it would cost you almost $1000 a month (higher end, including product) or $100 a month (lower end, excluding product) to do so on a monthly basis? Once you have agreed to register, the costs of doing so are gradually exposed to you, and in many situations, these costs are referred to as investments in your firm. Be cautious and ask tough questions to determine whether these goods contribute to your ability to create a profit or whether they detract from it.

Upine will frequently entice you into joining by providing you with tools or CDs, and even paying for your first or second function. You will, however, become a "business owner" if you demonstrate an interest or support a downline. You will be expected to do the same for any downline members who you sponsor. Amway can turn into a costly lesson on why you should stay away from multilevel marketing entirely. Caveat emptor is a Latin phrase meaning "let the buyer beware."

Share This
Previous Post
Next Post

Pellentesque vitae lectus in mauris sollicitudin ornare sit amet eget ligula. Donec pharetra, arcu eu consectetur semper, est nulla sodales risus, vel efficitur orci justo quis tellus. Phasellus sit amet est pharetra

0 comments:

Most Popular