Search Amway Leaders

Saturday, August 21, 2021

The Amway Lady

 This is a fantastic post from another blog:

http://corruptionincortez.blogspot.com/2012/06/june-4-2009-amway-lady.html

"On a hot summer afternoon, while I stood next to my heated cab, a nice lady came over and struck up a conversation with me for a few minutes. She looked to be in her late 50s and was a great lady to talk to. Because the plane was moving slowly, I talked with her about the "island" and participated in normal small conversation with her. She claimed that she enjoyed the drivers in Cortez and that she took a cab back to her home in La Mesa on a regular basis. Because we had a nice rapport, I gave her my business card and advised her to get in touch with me if she ever needed a ride back to her apartment.

She phoned me again a few weeks later, but this time she didn't ask for a ride. She came to me with a business proposal that she wanted to examine further with me. I agreed, as I was seeking for a means to boost my earnings. We met in a Starbucks, where we discussed the company plan, as well as what was expected of me and what was really achievable. It sounded too wonderful to be true, and it turned out to be... I was dubious, but I gave her the benefit of the doubt since I trusted her. I was immediately dubious because she appeared to be extremely happy and didn't disclose the company's name, which raised my suspicions. The topic of commodities – goods that we will purchase throughout our lives (food, toothpaste, toilet paper, paper towels, and so on...) – was discussed. She asked me to a second meeting and informed me that she would contact me with the specifics as soon as she had the information. She was unyielding in her pursuit of the truth. That particular Wednesday evening, I had some free time so I left a spot available.

When she called to tell me where the meeting would be held, I knew that things were getting much crazier than they already were. The get-together was scheduled to take place at a property on a cul-de-sac in La Mesa, California. There would be other entrepreneurs in attendance. At least, that's how it appears...

I was in denial when I first arrived. An older couple, who appeared to be in their 70s, greeted me with cookies and a grin and invited me to take a seat on their couch. Then the sharp-dressed gentleman in the suit walked into the room, complete with a neat haircut and a calm demeanour, and everything changed. His hands were scribbling fractions and graphs on the whiteboard in front of him as he talked about making big profits with little effort. And then there was the clincher. He was a sales representative for Amway. My night had been a complete and utter waste of time. I didn't want to be impolite and leave because everyone was ecstatic to have me there in the first place. I was obliged to eat a large portion of shit sandwiches since they were being served. For those of you who are unfamiliar with the term, Amway is a pyramid system. Essentially, the people at the top of the pyramid (the recruiters) gain money off of the people they recruit by keeping a percentage of the sales that you (the recruit) make. This is known as the pyramid scheme. If any of the individuals you recruit end up selling something, you and the person who recruited you would each receive a part of the sale. The person in charge of everything receives a percentage of the proceeds. It is possible to make money via Amway if you are willing to harass your friends and family members on a consistent basis while marketing your terrible items. You must be willing to act without regard for consequences. In retrospect, it appears to be a favourable position for the majority of the other drivers... In a strange twist of fate, the other drones who attended the meeting seemed remarkably enthusiastic about the whole thing. All of them drank the Kool-Aid to the last drop of their lives.

I informed Alice (the Amway representative) that I would have to think about it. She was a bit obnoxious. This was her opportunity to close the deal and have me become a more significant investor in their company. After a few days, she called me again, and I informed her that I would not be attending any further meetings with the group. I was courteous, which was in stark contrast to her demeanour. When I explained that I was making a tremendous mistake and missing out on a once in a lifetime opportunity, she acted like a child, throwing a fit and acting like a child. I wished her the best and informed her that she would be able to find people who were far more willing to become filthy rich selling trash from Amway if she looked hard enough."

This entry was posted by Henry Krinkle at 11:19 PM.

Share This
Previous Post
Next Post

Pellentesque vitae lectus in mauris sollicitudin ornare sit amet eget ligula. Donec pharetra, arcu eu consectetur semper, est nulla sodales risus, vel efficitur orci justo quis tellus. Phasellus sit amet est pharetra

0 comments:

Most Popular